Saturday, October 19, 2013

Xiomara and the ghosts of Sensoji Temple

I hope this photosphere works here on Xiom's blog. This is the largest Buddhist Temple in Tokyo. We were on a schedule and I forgot to get pictures of the ceiling in this place. We did learn how to pray here though: no clapping. You bow twice and clap twice at Shinto shrines, but here you place your hands together and bow. Then throw money. I also didn't get a fortune because I'd probably get one where I'm hit by a taxi.
The fortune comes on a half sheet of paper. If you do get a bad fortune, you can tie it on something that looks like an abacus and a clothes line had an offspring and Buddha will take care of it. I don't know though: he's a laughing jolly fat man who's sense of humor would kick in. I would then get hit by a taxi anyway and he'd chuckle,, "Chuchuchuuu... Catholics."
We ate shrimp and squid balls instead. Next stop: Tokyo Station. ...in which my grasp of the train and subway system was turned into a Gordian Knot and Buddha laughed, "Catholics."
-- TJ 
(edit: blogger doesn't do photosphere, so below is the link on G+)  



No comments:

Post a Comment